August 02, 2013

Pasta Loving...

So, we didn't end up eating until 10:00pm last night...but I think it was totally worth it! Our friend, Matt, who is amazing in the kitchen, was finally convinced to come over to show me how to make fresh ravioli! Using the same pasta attachment for my KitchenAid mixer as I did for the cannelloni (the pasta roller set), we made the pasta dough using Matt's recipe. I usually make my pasta dough using 3 1/2 cups flour, 4 eggs, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tbsp. water. However, this time we used:

3 cups flour
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup approx. warm water, depending on consistency



This dough was definitely softer than mine to work with, but in the end I don't think there was much difference once it was cooked.


Once the pasta sheets were made, we spread them out on a floured surface, brushed them with egg and put in our filling (cooked homemade meatballs and delicious Nostrala cheese from the Kootenay Alpine Cheese Company in Creston!)

We used a round medium sized cookie cutter to then cut out the ravioli once another pasta sheet was placed on top.
Using a fork, we crimped the ravioli all the way around.
Our beautiful ravioli before it was cooked!
The finished product with a tomato sauce and parmesan cheese...and it was definitely worth it!
SHARE 2 comments

Add your comment

  1. Natasha Huscroft2 August 2013 at 18:21

    MMMMMMM.... I LOVE PASTA!!! Looks Amazing. Love the blog :)

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS