September 07, 2013

Sweet Summertime

I feel like the sweet summertime is almost over in our city :( however, when I saw the photo inspiration at the Shabby Tea Room this week I immediately thought of the CTMH Lucy paperpack. In designing the layout of the card for my niece's birthday, I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch. I knew I also wanted to participate in this week's Colour Dare since my auntie Karen was the Guest Designer! Check out her blog, she's awesome :). Here's my card:


All supplies used are Close To My Heart: cardstock - Blush and Slate; patterned paper - Lucy; ink - Blush; embellishments - twine, boutique assortment, clear sparkles. Shapes cut from Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.

SHARE 7 comments

Add your comment

  1. What a sweet card for your niece. It's got a lovely vintage look from the patterned paper and I love how you added a bit of bling on the number 2! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I just saw this card on the FMS blog, and didn't realize that it was yours until I got on your blog! I'm sure Jade will love her pink & sparkly card :o) Glad you joined me on the Color Dare blog this week - Auntie Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever way to combine the challenges. And I'm sure your niece will LOVE it with the pretty colors and bit of bling. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Color My Heart this week. We hope to see you back even when "Auntie Karen" isn't the guest designer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card Allie! I love the sparkles! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allie, your Auntie Karen is a super talented artist and so are YOU! I love your card and how you interpreted your inspiration. Thank you for taking the Color Dare this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card, Allie! What a great way to incorporate the recipients age into a birthday greeting. I'm always looking for kid appropriate ideas, so I will add this one to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, love Lucy paper! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS