This recipe comes from my time at school in Victoria. My sister, Jen, was living there at the time and would have me over for some wonderful home-cooked meals. Here is an Alfredo sauce recipe I got from her and have played around with over the years:


Alfredo Sauce - serves 4
1/2 cup sweet butter
4+ garlic cloves, minced
2 cup heavy cream
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
3/4 cup Mozzarella (I use Kraft Shredded Italian mix)
1/3 cup cream cheese

Melt butter in pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic, cream, and pepper, bringing mixture to a simmer. Stir often. Add parmesan and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened and is smooth. When sauce has thickened, add mozza and cream cheese, and stir frequently until smooth. Serve over your favourite pasta.

For me, that favourite pasta was Spinach & Ricotta Ravioli! I just got this handy new tool from Sur La Table (which may be my new favourite store!) and had to try it out.

This new tool worked basically like a stamp over the two panels of pasta dough, so that I did not need to crimp the edges myself. Check out this post for my pasta dough recipe. Here is my recipe for the filling:

Spinach & Ricotta Pasta Filling

olive oil
onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 large spinach bunches
500g Ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups Asiago cheese, grated
1 tsp. lemon zest
1/2 cup mix of chopped basil, oregano, parsley
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
salt and pepper to taste

Heat olive oil in a small pan and sauté onion. Add garlic and sauté until golden. Set aside. Wash and chop spinach, discarding stems. Heat a large pot of water over medium-high heat. Place washed spinach into the pot and toss with tongs until the leaves are wilted. Drain and cool in a strainer. Squeeze excess water from spinach and add to a bowl with sautéed onion, cheeses, lemon zest, fresh herbs, and pine nuts. Mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Delicious :)!
SHARE 1 comment

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS