I am quite into making ravioli right now with my handy new tool, and since my mom was coming over this weekend, I wanted to whip up a batch for her. This time, I decided to try a butternut squash filling. Sage pairs very well with butternut squash, so I thought I would add it to my browned butter sauce.

Make 1 batch of pasta dough




Butternut Squash Ravioli filling
1 large butternut squash (or 2 small)
Olive oil
Red pepper flakes
Cinnamon
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese

Preheat oven to 400 F. Peel the butternut squash and cut into chunks. In a casserole dish toss the butternut squash chunks with olive oil, red pepper flakes and cinnamon. If you would like a sweeter ravioli, add more cinnamon than pepper flakes; if you would like a ravioli with a bit of a kick, add slightly more pepper flakes than cinnamon. Place covered casserole dish into oven for 40-45 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes or so. Mash with Parmesan. Set aside until ready to fill ravioli.



Sage Browned Butter Sauce
1/2 cup butter
1 clove garlic, minced
Dash ground black pepper
12 sage leaves

Melt butter in a saucepan with the garlic. Add sage leaves. Continue to heat butter sauce for 5-8 more minutes as it begins to brown.

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS