September 14, 2014

Filled with Sweetness

After a weekend away I felt a pull to my craft room when I returned home. I fell in love with the colours and inspiration photo at Christmas Card Challenges and wanted to play along. I looked everywhere through all of my stamps and cartridges to find candy canes, but I couldn't find any! I decided to use this striped patterned paper instead. I came across a new challenge called Never-Before-Used-Schtuff and am playing along with their Challenge #2: make a Christmas card using stuff you have never used before. To meet this challenge I pulled out a stamp set I had meant to use last season but didn't get around to, along with some ribbon that has been sitting in my craft room forever never having been touched! I also used the Stretch Your Imagination Cricut cartridge to cut out my gingerbread man for the first time...I swear I do use most of my stuff haha, but what a great challenge to make sure that you do :)

All supplies are Close To My Heart:
Paper - Outdoor Denim, Flirty Raspberry, White Daisy, Sparkle & Shine patterned paper;
Ink - Blush, Slate; Stamp set - Very Merry Christmas; Ribbon - Vineyard Berry Wings assortment.
Shape cut from Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.
SHARE 5 comments

Add your comment

  1. Your stripey paper is perfect for the candy cane inspiration in the photo, Alli! I love your sediment panel and sweet gingerbread man adorning that awesome ribbon! Your blog is really fun and it's a pleasure to meet you! I very much appreciate that you played in my second NBUS Challenge! We all have those items that get neglected and it feels great to pull them out and use them!! I hope you visit the Playhouse again soon! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and I love the striped paper! Thanks for playing our Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute gingerbread man!!! Thanks for entering our Christmas card Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Christmas card! Love how you used our colors! Thanks for playing at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS