June 17, 2015

Retirement

I think this may be my FAVOURITE watercolour scene that I have created so far! I am loving this technique and am so excited to try more of it this summer...I've never been much of a painter or into colouring too much, but I am finding using my new Tombow markers with a watercolour brush to be very relaxing. This is definitely a favourite technique or mine right now, so I am linking this card up to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge of showcasing your favourite technique. I really struggled to pair this scene with papers, and after consulting my aunt who has lots of experience with this, I went with simple solids. Thanks, Auntie Karen!

I made this card for my mom's retirement on the weekend. 35 years of teaching - wow!

Paper - Colonial White, Smokey Plum (CTMH); watercolour paper; 
Stamps - WC Series 9 Set 2 (Art Impressions), Word Card Puzzle (CTMH);
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento); Tombow Markers - 969, 856, 679, 177, N45.

SHARE 2 comments

Add your comment

  1. I think your aunt was right. The plain background lets your absolutely beautiful watercolored scene shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie, this couldn't have turned out to be more gorgeous!! I love how you stayed white on white :o)

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS