It's April 2nd and I am happy to get this post up in the midst of my two Masters courses wrapping up!   I decided to go in a bit of a different direction for my April Happiness Project for a few reasons, but I think it will be beneficial. 

April --> Connection

I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet
"Hello" by Adele

I am hoping to focus on connection during this difficult month ahead of me. In particular, I want to focus on my connection to nature, to myself, and to inner peace. In March I came across a beautiful book called "Daily Om" by Madisyn Taylor, which I read from every morning. I thought this excerpt describes a good focus for April:

If you trek into the wilderness and look around with a careful gaze, you will see that the trees, flowers, and even the rocks have a tendency to flow. There is the arc of the branch that leads to the blossom, the smooth dip in a rock formation, the gnarled knot in a tree trunk, and the forking of shoots. As nature is overflowing with curves, corners, knots, and unexpected directions, so are our lives filled with unpredictable twists and turns (p. 11).

           Goals              
1. Enjoy the outdoors
2. Reduce waste
3. Meditate
4. Yoga
5. Read for me

I tried to incorporate my goals into my layout by using a paper collection that I had bought last spring to use before everything fell apart. I love these patterns and had planned to use them last spring for a special project, so I am glad I could reuse them for something that has become important to me. I was also able to use up some pieces I had played around with for other projects that I had saved. I think this is my favourite layout that I have created for this project so far. I love how the circles turned out to be like floating bubbles. It feels peaceful to me :)
Paper collection - Seaside paper collection; Colonial White, Black cardstock; Love Your Day PML cards (CTMH); 
Distressed watercolour paper (Tim Holtz); Die - City Scene Die Collection (Papertrey Ink), Stitched Circles (SSS); 
Embellishments - watercolour paints, Le Pen (CTMH). 

Last summer I started a Gratitude Journal that I wrote in every day for 6 months. Once I finished the journal, I stopped writing, but it is something I would like to get back to. I came across this idea on Pinterest and thought I might give it a try this month:
SHARE 2 comments

Add your comment

  1. So wonderful, makes me reflect as well. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful, makes me reflect as well. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS