It was a beautiful sunny day today and what better to do than sit on the deck with some watercolour projects! I took out this Nurse set that I got from my Aunt to make some birthday cards for my two nurse sister-in-laws. One birthday is in the spring and one is in the fall but I thought I may as well make them at the same time. I just love those Lawn Fawn plaids and luckily I had both sets to fit my needs! I am linking up with the Art Impressions "dots and stripes" challenge. I added "a bit of sparkle" to my cards with some embellishments to link up with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and used the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches.
Paper - Rainbow Plaid (Lawn Fawn); Island Blue cardstock (SSS);
Stamps - Proud Nurse set (Ai); Dies - Stitched Rectangles (MFT);
Colour - Tombow markers; Embellishments - Sparkle dots (CTMH).

Here is the fall version. My Marvy marker didn't seem to want to blend as well on this nurse's outfit, but it could have been because I was out in the hot sun, too!
Paper - Perfectly Plaid for Fall (Lawn Fawn); Dark Chocolate cardstock (SSS);
Stamps - Proud Nurse set (Ai); Dies - Stitched Rectangles (MFT);
Colour - Tombow and Marvy markers; Embellishments - Gold Sequins (CTMH).
SHARE 3 comments

Add your comment

  1. These cards are great. I love the plaid backgroun and the sentiments will definitely make your SILs laugh out loud! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie, these turned out so cute! I love your sequin "dots"!! I bet your SIL's love them :o)

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS