Have you heard about Plastic Free July
Two years ago when I first heard about it from my friend, Nadine, I will admit my first thought was wow that sounds crazy. How can you go without plastic?! Deep down I secretly admired what she was doing but thought that was WAY too much work. Last summer, however, I decided to give it a try. You can read about my experience here.

The challenge originated in Australia but has grown to be worldwide! This year I have signed up to avoid single-use plastic packaging and to target take-away items (the top 4: bags, bottles, straws, and coffee cups). My goals for July include cooking and canning more frequently and planned, attending the Farmer's Market around our local area and fruit stands in Creston, cooking with what is in season, being mindful of what my drinks and food are served in and taken away in when dining out, and trying my best not to buy anything wrapped in plastic at the grocery store. Can't wait to get started!
SHARE 2 comments

Add your comment

  1. Love it, love it! PFJ, here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely made me think....hoping to do a little more than my usual :)

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS