I am super excited to FINALLY bust into my distress inks! I was blown away by the colour and didn't get into too much blending this time, but I am so stoked to play around with them this summer. I really liked the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches this week and knew I just had to play along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge to use plaid! I decided to incorporate a stitched die into my design and am linking up with the "in stitches" challenge over at Heart2Heart.
Paper - Rainbow Plaid (Lawn Fawn); Black, Watercolor cardstock (CTMH);
Stamps - Hawaiian Hibiscus, Just To Say... (CTMH);
Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade (Tim Holtz);
Dies - Wonky Stitched Squares (MFT); 
Embellishments - Black and White Matte gumdrops (YNS).
SHARE 11 comments

Add your comment

  1. Those ink colors look fabulous together and the plaid is such a bright and cheerful paper to put with this gorgeous flower! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie - this is a totally stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so pretty! Love the colors and that stitched die is very cute, too. So glad you joined us for this week's Heart 2 Heart Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Allison :-) the hibiscus is so pretty and I love that you used Lawn Fawn paper :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the hibiscus and how all the colors work beautifully together. Great die too! Thanks for inspiring us at a Heart 2 Heart Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! I want to pick that flower off your card and put it in a vase. Thanks for joining us at H2H this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! I really love how you colored the hibiscus and that wonky stitch die is really cute! Thanks for sharing at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, I love this stamp and you have inspired me to try my hand at it again. Thanks for joining us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stitches really give the card a great finish. Thanks for playing along with the Heart 2 Heart Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that hibiscus and the colours...wow! The stitches are a great touch! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS